Happy Wednesday! Hope all of you are staying warm and healthy! My “under the weather” ended up being the flu. 🙁 Our oldest daughter also got it two days after I had it. 🙁 It was a nasty one! We had a fever for 8 days! Along with the other lovely flu symptoms. We are both still coughing which I found out can last a few weeks. Yuck! I pray that you and your family does not get the flu! However, we are on the mend and back to great health! Yay!!
Our first winter visitors from Canada have arrived. I am being diligent in my cooking to not contaminate it with my germs. I have been washing my hands like crazy as well as Cloroxing our house! I should own stock in Clorox at this point! Hehe!
I made this delicious Jalapeno Chicken Cordon Bleu dish while I was sick. I threw everything into a deep pan and baked it in the oven. My family loved it. It wasn’t too spicy so if you like heat, go ahead and increase the jalapeños or leave the ribs in the pepper for heat.
Jalapeno Chicken Cordon Bleu:
8 chicken thighs. Boneless and skinless.
1 package Canadian Bacon or Ham.
1 package goat cheese.
2-3 Jalapeños- cleaned with seeds and ribs removed and diced.
Pecorino Romano shredded cheese- to taste.
S & P.
1. Layer Chicken in bottom of a deep baking dish. Sprinkle a little EVOO or Coconut oil on the bottom to prevent sticking. S & P the meat.
2. Layer the goat cheese on top of the chicken.
3. Sprinkle the Jalapeno peppers over the top. You can sprinkle a little Pecorino Romano now if you like it extra cheesy!
4. Layer a piece of Canadian Bacon or Ham over the top.
5. Sprinkle Pecorino Romano over the top.
6. Cover with foil and bake in a 370 degree oven until cooked.
7. Remove foil and cook a few minutes to brown the top.