So far Tuesday is turning out to be much drier than Monday! I think a lot of people in Phoenix yesterday were starting to wonder if we missed out on constructing the Ark! The rain did bring our summer temperatures down and humidity up! But it is a nice break from the 110 degrees we had been having. Since it was cooler last night I decided soup sounded delicious. I hope you enjoy my recipe for Chicken Meatball and Zoodle Soup. If you do not know what Zoodles are- they are peeled zucchini that have been put through a spiralizer in place of pasta. 🙂 I love my spiralizer! It is one of my most favorite kitchen tools ever! If you don’t have one, I picked mine up from Amazon 🙂 I also love Amazon- so convenient!
Chicken Meatball and Zoodle Soup:
2 lbs ground chicken
1/2 yellow onion chopped
1 clove of garlic chopped
1 handful chopped parsley
2 tsp cumin
1/2 red pepper chopped
4 zucchini peeled and spiraled
S & P
2 boxes chicken stock or you can use home-made
1. Chop all vegetables
2. Place chopped veggies (minus a few parsley leaves to put in the broth) and cumin in a bowl. Mix in ground chicken.
3. Heat some olive oil in a pot. Make mini meatballs and cook in olive oil until brown on all sides.
4. Add chicken broth and parsley. Bring to a simmer.
5. Peel and spiralize zucchini.
6. Allow meatballs to simmer for about 15-20 min to cook and absorb juice.
7. Add zucchini noodles and cook for 3-5 minutes.
8. Enjoy 🙂