Happy Boxing Day to all of my Canadian friends and family! Or Happy Day after Christmas to everyone else! I hope you all had a wonderful day with your families and friends! We had a wonderful day that started with our family snuggling on the couch and ended with our family snuggling on the couch! I treasure those times as it won’t be long until our children have families of their own! 🙁 We had family and friends over for brunch yesterday. I made my meaty egg casserole, gluten free donuts ( I purchased from Gluten Free Creations Bakery and Sprouts), fruit, and mimosas! It was a delicious start to our Christmas day! I love making egg casseroles because they are wonderful to warm up as leftovers!
Meaty Egg Casserole:
18 eggs- cracked and beaten
1 box organic egg whites- beaten
1 organic ham steak- cubed
1 pkg organic sausage cooked and crumbled.
1 pkg hash browns. I used Oreada as they are gf. I didn’t get organic as I couldn’t find any. 🙁
1 pkg shredded cheddar cheese.
1 stick of butter.
1. Spray your deep baking dish with coconut oil spray.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Layer hash browns in baking dish. Put small pieces of butter over the hash browns . Be your own judge on how much butter you would like to use.
4. Bake hash browns until browning slightly.
5. Remove hash browns and top with meat and evenly distribute it over the area.
6. Pour eggs over the meat and hash browns.
7. Top with cheese.
8. Bake in 350 degree oven for about 45 min- 1 hr. The eggs will get fluffy. You should be able to insert a knife in the center and it will come out clean when the eggs are cooked.
You can add whatever you would like to this egg casserole. I have made a vegetarian version, a combo meat and veggies, and used sweet potato hash browns instead of potato. Let your imagination be your guide!