Caprese Salad- The perfect salad for any season!
Caprese Salad is so yummy and it reminds me of our visit to Italy this last summer! My hubby and I ate this salad almost everyday with a bottle of dry rose! Such wonderful memories! Ok- back to reality…not vacation…less rose!
This salad pairs well with any meat. I made grilled steak with it. I have also made it with chicken and fish. It is wonderful by itself for a light lunch or dinner or as an appetizer. So versatile! It literally takes 10 minutes to throw together this wonderfully colorful salad! There is no excuse not to eat your veggies with this beautiful addition!
- Cherry Tomatoes- 1 pkg washed and sliced in 1/2
- Buffalo Mozzarella- 1 pkg drained and sliced in 1/2
- Red onion- 1/2 chopped
- Basil- 1 handful chopped
- Balsamic Vinegar- 1/4 cup
- Olive oil- 1/4 cup
- S & P
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl except the balsamic vinegar and the oilve oil.
- Mix the balsamic and olive oil together in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Pour over veggies.
- Add S & P to taste.