Cauliflower Pizza Crust:
Happy Summer to you all! We are enjoying the summer and are sad to say that school starts in 3 weeks from today 🙁 For now we are going to enjoy the last days of not having to wake up to an alarm clock and wear our pj’s around the house until 9 a.m.! I have been posting photos of food that I have been making this summer and will be working hard at getting the recipes up on the website.
The beautiful thing about this cauliflower pizza crust is that you can top it to make any kind of pizza you like or even cheesy garlic bread! I made it when our friends were over for dinner and they said they would try it but didn’t really like cauliflower. I didn’t say much other than I hope you like it, knowing that I have heard that before and knew they would love it! I have topped it with parmesan and artichoke and cut it small as an appetizer, I have used alfredo sauce and chicken and made pizza that way, BBQ sauce and chicken for BBQ chicken pizza… the possibilities are endless! This time I used tomato sauce and pepperoni- simple and delicious!
The other nice thing about this is that it is low carb! I know not everyone can handle the cheese but if you can you are in for a real treat! 🙂
Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- 2 pkgs Organic Riced Cauliflower From Trader Joes
- 2 whole Eggs
- 1/4- 1/2 cup psyllium powder
- 2 TBSP Flavor God Garlic Lovers seasoning
- 1 pkg Applegate farms pepperoni
- 2 pkgs Organic Cheese shredded
- Thaw Cauliflower in a strainer over a bowl to drain water. Pour into a clean tea towel and wring over the sink to get as much water out as you can. If you want to make your own, you can put cauiflower into a food processor and run it until you get small pieces. Then microwave until tender and drain out water.
- Add cauliflower, eggs, psyllium, 1 pkg cheese and seasoning to a bowl. Mix well.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Pour mix onto parchment paper and flatten into a pizza shape.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until browned and firm.
- Remove and top with your favorite toppings! I used pepperoni and cheese. 🙂
- Put back into the oven until the cheese it melted on top of the pizza.