Our lemon trees have produced a lot of lemons this year and I am busy trying out ways to use them in recipes before I juice the rest of them. This lemon roasted chicken is a wonderful light tasting comfort dinner. We picked our lemon trees and had over 500 lemons! Some other ideas I have for the lemons are lemon ice cream, lemon pie, lemon bars…(I feel like I am starting to sound like Forrest Gump hehe!) …. maybe for water, margaritas or lemon drop martinis 🙂
It has been a busy season at our house. Our oldest daughter is a senior in high school. We have been helping her narrow down colleges. She is I think, down to 2 schools! Insert party horns and clapping. We are blessed that she has worked hard in high school and has some awesome schools to choose from. I am so excited for her! She is waiting on scholarship information to make her final decision. Hopefully by the end of March she will know where she is going to go. I am praying everyday for her and I know that she will do great wherever she goes. I was feeling a little sad at first with the process but have come to realize that we have prepared her well and she is ready to go out on her own. I will miss her like crazy but know it’s the progression that needs to occur.
I am thankful that there is 3 years before we transition our youngest daughter to college. Then the empty nest phase…
So, comfort dinners and enjoying every bit of time we have until August when we move her into a dorm room where her next chapter will begin!
Here is a link to a you tube video on how to spatchcock a chicken, in case you have never done it before 🙂 https://youtu.be/72dQonQa9jE
Lemon roasted chicken
- 1 whole Chicken remove the insides and spatchcock it.
- 1 whole lemon washed and sliced
- 3 TBSP Flavor God lemon and garlic seasoning
- 2 TBSP avacado oil
- 2 whole Zucchini sliced
- 1 red Bell pepper sliced
- 1 whole yellow squash sliced
- 1 whole yellow onion chopped
- 1 handful mini carrots
- any other veggie you want to add 🙂
- Wash chicken after removing insides. Spatchcock the chicken.
- Drizzle avacado oil on your baking sheet. Lay chicken flat on the sheet. Use a paper towel to pat dry the chicken.
- Chop up all veggies and lay them on the sheet around the chicken.
- Drizzle chicken and veggies with avacado oil. Sprinkle with Flavor God Lemon and Garlic seasoning. Rub seasoning under the skin of the chicken. Add S & P as desired.
- Place lemon slices under and on top of the chicken skin.
- Roast in the oven on 375 degrees F for about 1 hour or until the chicken has reached 165 degrees with a meat thermometer.