This gluten-free layered summer salad is my take on the seven-layer salad or in my case the however many layer salad you want to make today salad! Haha!
If you live in Arizona or watch the news you know that it is HOT here! I don’t feel like turning on the oven inside and I don’t really want to melt going outside to grill. This is the season of salad and crock pot meals!
This salad is my take on a 7 layer salad, which never ends up being 7 layers when I make it!
I start out with good intentions of not putting everything in the layered summer salad but the kitchen sink but I usually end up with a 10ish layer salad. You can add and subtract any of the items I have in my salad and add in your own favorites! This salad changes layers based on what I am in the mood for but I always keep the top 2 layers the same.. mayo and cheese 🙂 Who doesn’t love a salad topped with mayo and cheese?
Here’s How I make this gluten free summer layered salad:
I like to clean and chop all of my veggies while my bacon in cooking in the oven. That way everything is ready to assemble.
Once the bacon is cooked nice and crispy, let it cool on a papertowel lined plate. Chop it into bite sized pieces.
I usually buy premade hard boiled eggs. If you want to boil your own ahead of time that is fantastic. Remove the shells and slice them into rounds.
Now it’s time to make the salad.
I like to use a glass bowl so you can see all of the layers. First put down the lettuce. Then add the other ingredients ending with the eggs then the bacon then the mayo then the cheese. That way the lettuce doesn’t get soggy!
Layered Summer Salad
- 2 heads Romaine Lettuce chopped in bite size pieces
- 2 whole Tomatoes chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 pkg Frozen Peas I used organic peas and thawed them.
- 1 pkg Chopped Mushrooms small pkg
- 1 pkg bacon- the regular size pkg chopped into small pieces
- 1 jar Mayo- small jar
- 1 pkg Shredded cheese 8 oz- more if you like extra cheese
- 6 Hardboiled eggs- shelled and sliced
- 1 Pinch Salt and Pepper
- Assemble all of your veggies. Chop veggies so they are ready to go into the salad.
- Chop bacon and fry it in a pan until crispy.
- Get a glass bowl and layer your ingredients in the order listed above. If you would like additional layers add them. Always add the mayo and cheese on the top so the salad doesn't get soggy.
- Top with Mayo. Spread it out evenly across the salad.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the mayo.
- Refrigerate and enjoy!
I hope you have fun making and eating this layered salad as much as I do!
Best Wishes for Gluten-Free Dishes!