If you live in Arizona or watch the news you know that it is HOT here! I don’t feel like turning on the oven inside and I don’t really want to melt going outside to grill. This is the season of salad and crock pot meals!
This salad is my take on a 7 layer salad, which never ends up being 7 layers when I make it!
I start out with good intentions of not putting everything in the salad but the kitchen sink but I usually end up with a 10ish layer salad. You can add and subtract any of the items I have in my salad and add in your own favorites! This salad changes layers based on what I am in the mood for but I always keep the top 2 layers the same.. mayo and cheese 🙂 Who doesn’t love a salad topped with mayo and cheese?
Layered Summer Salad
- 2 heads Romaine Lettuce chopped in bite size pieces
- 2 whole Tomatoes chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 pkg Frozen Peas I used organic peas and thawed them.
- 1 pkg Chopped Mushrooms
- 1 pkg bacon chopped into small pieces
- 1 jar Mayo I used Just Mayo
- 1 pkg Shredded cheese
- Assemble all of your veggies. Chop veggies so they are ready to go into the salad.
- Chop bacon and fry it in a pan until crispy.
- Get a glass bowl and layer your ingredients in the order listed above. If you would like additional layers add them. Always add the mayo and cheese on the top so the salad doesn't get soggy.
- Top with Mayo. Spread it out evenly across the salad.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the mayo.
- Refrigerate and enjoy!