This 4th of July dessert is creamy and delicious withy layered fruit and cream..so yummy!
I hope you are having a very relaxing Fourth of July with friends and family. I am so blessed and thankful to have a few days away from home with my family. We are enjoying the cooler weather in San Diego. It is 64 degrees this morning as I am writing this and at home in Arizona it is already over 100! So amazing that we can drive 6 hours in the car and be by the ocean and drop 40 degrees in temperature!
I love making this 4th of July Dessert in individual sizes or in one big trifle dish depending on who I am making it for! If we are traveling for the 4th of July, I like the individual sizes for ease of transportation! Some of my family members like to freeze theirs as well, so individual sizes allow for some to be frozen and some to be not frozen.
This year we are in San Diego and if you haven’t been there for the 4th of July, I highly recommend it!
San Diego is an amazing place for the 4th of July fireworks!
If you have never experienced the fireworks in San Diego on the beach you need to. There are many locations that set off fireworks at the same time so you can see them go off all around the harbor. It is one of the most spectacular fireworks shows that I have ever seen. We are really looking forward to seeing it again today!
If You Like This Recipe You Might Also Like:
Pin This 4th of July Dessert Now & Make It Later:
Here’s The Recipe:
Happy 4th of July!
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 2 pkgs cream cheese
- 1 TBSP vanilla
- 3/4 cup Sugar I used Erytherol to lower the carbs. See below.
- 1 pint Strawberries sliced
- 1 pint Blueberries
- Whip the cream in a stand mixer. Add vanilla and sugar once it has stiff peaks. If you use Erytherol you need to add more than real sugar to get the same sweetness.
- In a different bowl beat the cream cheese until soft.
- Combine the whip cream and the cream cheese until combined. Try to do it a little at a time so the cream doesn’t go flat. Check the mixture to make sure you have the desired sweetness.
- Put a layer of cream in your bowl. Put in layer of strawberries. Put in a layer of cream. Put in a layer of blueberries. Continue alternating until the bowl is full. You can add a fancy design to the top if you would like. I made flags for the 4th of July.
- Refrigerate and enjoy!