Bolognese sauce is so delicious! Eat it with pasta, zoodles or just by itself. I make this in my multicooker in the morning so it simmers all day. It fills our house will delicious aromas all day. This recipe makes a big batch so I usually freeze half of it for a later date or give it to a friend or family member. This is often my go-to meal to deliver to friends or family when they need a meal.
You can also make this recipe in your Instant Pot. The steps are the same except instead of simmering all day, you cook it under pressure and Voila it’s done after 30 minutes!
If you Google Bolognese here is the definition:
I hope you love this comforting sauce as much as we do.
- 1 lb Ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 whole yellow pepper chopped
- 1 whole red pepper chopped
- 1 whole green pepper chopped
- 2 small yellow onions chopped
- 1 jar tomato sauce I used Cucina Antica
- 4 whole Tomatoes chopped
- 1 bay leaf Add while simmering remove before eating.
- 1/2 cup red wine You can add more of less to taste.
- 3/4 cup diced carrots
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- Brown beef, lamb and pork in your multi cooker or Instant Pot.
- Once browned, add onions, garlic and carrots. Sauté.
- Add peppers and tomatoes. Sauté.
- Once the veggies have started to soften, add the tomato sauce. Stir to combine. Add bay leaf.
- Simmer with the lid closed for 6 to 8 hours. Stir occasionally. It will be hard to resist the urge to have a taste! It becomes more and more delicious as the veggies break down.
- If you are making this recipe in the Instant Pot, shut it off. Put the lid on so we can cook under pressure. Turn the Instant Pot on to soup/stew and wait! Release the steam after it is finished and enjoy!