Halloween is next week and this recipe full of garlic is guaranteed to ward off Vampires! Haha! The garlic carmelizes and gets soft. It is perfect to smash into the chicken or mashed cauliflower that I paired it with. You could also smear it on some bread with butter and that would be delicious.
Not sponsored but in Love
Delicious and comforting you need to make this! I bought pre-peeled garlic cloves to save time and the smell on my hands. My freezer had a whole chicken in it so I cut it into pieces, but you could use chicken pieces to make it faster. I am not sponsored by Cutco but can I just tell you how awesome their kitchen sheers are! Seriously in love with them. They had no problem handling the bones in the chicken. I can’t wait to see how they do with other kitchen projects too! I also have Cutco’s steak knives and oh my goodness they are seriously amazing! They are the best steak knives I have ever purchased, and I have purchased a lot of knives. Best day ever is that they can go in the dishwasher and have a lifetime warranty.
I served mashed cauliflower and braised Brussels sprouts with this chicken, however, my Bacon Braised Cabbage would also be delicious with it.
I hope you love this 40 cloves of garlic chicken recipe!
40 Cloves of Garlic Chicken
- 1 whole chicken in pieces
- 40 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 TBSP Avocado oil
- 1 tsp Thyme
- Sprinkle chicken with S & P. Turn pan on stove to medium heat.
- Sear chicken pieces in avocado oil until brown on all sides.
- Add 40 cloves of garlic to the pan and sprinkle chicken with thyme. Cover chicken with a lid.
- Bake in the oven at 375 for 1-11/2 hours or until the chicken reaches 165 degrees.
- Serve with your favorite side dishes.