Who doesn’t love bacon? I actually have one friend that doesn’t love bacon, but I love her anyway! This is seriously my favorite side dish! It goes great with any protein you are serving and is delicious! People who don’t like cabbage will like this. It is Paleo, Ketogenic and tasty! It goes together super fast and is really easy to make.
Have you seen my channel? Check it out and don’t forget to subscribe so you don’t miss any new videos!
Check out the YouTube video on how to make this dish!
Bacon braised cabbage and onions
- 1 head cabbage chopped in bite size pieces
- 4 slices thick cut bacon chopped
- 1 whole Onion chopped
- 1 tsp garlic seasoning
- Turn a large pan onto medium-high heat. Add bacon to the cold pan so it can render it's fat.
- Sautee the bacon until it starts to get crispy.
- Add the onion and sautee until it starts getting soft.
- Add cabbage and stir to combine with bacon and onions.
- Add garlic, salt and pepper.
- Sautee until the cabbage is starting to get soft but not soggy.