Halloween has so many fun opportunities to get together with friends and family. We have hosted front porch get-togethers all of the years our kiddos were little. I made everything from deadman over worms (meatloaf in the shape of a body over spaghetti), chili and cornbread, Spider bean dip, Eyeball meatballs and other fun desserts to start the party off on the right foot. Fun cocktails and Vampire blood wine were also served.
This is the first year in a lot of years that we are staying home and handing out candy. Our oldest daughter is in college and our youngest is 15 and not going trick or treating. We are going to have some fun food at home and enjoy the memories of another Halloween. The excitement of the neighborhood kiddos coming to ring the doorbell will have us all going to the door. Our friends will probably arrive with an empty cup for trick or drink lol. We are blessed to live in a neighborhood with lots of awesome people we call friends.
Allergen Friendly Treats:
There will be full-size gluten-free candy bars at our house for awesome costumes as well as allergen friendly treats and toys. A Teal pumpkin is on our porch so families know their kiddos can get a safe treat here! We may hide in our yard and scare some passerby trick or treaters…. hehehehe! That was said in my best witch cackle.
Enjoy the excitement of Halloween and know that Thanksgiving is on the way right after! I read on Facebook tonight that Thanksgiving is in 27 days, Christmas is in 59 days and New Year’s Eve is in 65 days. AHHHHHHH! I am so excited for Christmas!
Have a great Halloween and stay safe!
Spooky Spider Bean Dip
- 1 Can Refried beans
- 1 Head Lettuce chopped
- 1 Can Sliced Black Olives
- 1 Container Sour cream
- 1 Container Salsa
- 1 Pkg Shredded cheese
- 1 Pkg Guacamole
- Spread refried beans around the platter so they are even.
- Top Refried beans with guacamole so it is in a flat layer.
- Put Lettuce on top of guacamole.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of that.
- Pour salsa on top of the cheese.
- Put sour cream in a zip lock bag and cut a corner out so you can draw the spider web design in sour cream.
- Sprinkle with black olives. You can cut them to look like baby spiders and put them on top of the sour cream. If you want to be really creative 🙂
- Add clean fake spider to the dip.
- Serve with Chips or veggies.