T- 2 days until Turkey Day arrives! Whether we are ready or not it’s here! I am not cooking the main meal this holiday… So weird, but I am excited about my SIL and BIL hosting! I am excited about this brussel sprout side dish! The wine will be flowing and hopefully, good conversations and lots of laughter will follow. They have 2 big dogs so I am always waiting for one of them to run off with the meat! Thankfully they are pretty well trained 🙂
Friends, Family, Food and Fun
As I type this, my neighborhood girlfriends have a group text going on. It is one thing I am thankful for this Thanksgiving. I am thankful for my hubby and girls. My family and his. Our friends near and far. Livelihoods that support us. Our hobbies that keep us balanced. God. Jesus. So many things I can’t name them all.
I know that not everyone’s list is the same as mine. Holidays bring this to my mind. If you are lonely, grieving, angry, have unresolved family issues or are in need, I hope you find joy in this Thanksgiving. If it is only for a day, minute or glimmer.
When you need a fast side dish for Thanksgiving, this brussel sprout bacon deliciousness goes together in a few minutes. Throw it in the oven and it’s done in 15 minutes. Easy Peasy!
Here is the Amazon link to the sheet pan I love to roast everything on!
Brussel sprouts so good they tastes like candy!
- 1 pkg Large Brussel Sprouts Halved
- 1 pg Mushrooms chopped
- 1 whole Red onion chopped
- 4 pieces thick cut bacon chopped
- Put all ingredients on a sheet pan.
- Drizzle with oil such as avacado, just so the veggies don't stick. Not too much because the bacon will make some oil.
- Bake in oven at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes or until desired crispiness.
- Pour into a serving dish. Drizzle with balsamic reduction. I bought fig reduction at our farmer's market.