Thanksgiving was a wonderful time of sharing! Our family has shared a sinus cold and fever between us since then! Last year, our family shared the stomach flu…. I think we should go on vacation next Thanksgiving and skip the family sharing! 🙂
Since I can’t smell anything I can’t really taste anything either. This made me crave something spicy! I made these delicious spicy fried green tomatoes. I topped them with Sir Kensington’s Chipotle Mayo. Yummy!
I made the coating out of almond flour and Flavor God‘s Everything Spicy Seasoning. Yummy! I am salivating thinking about them.
Here’s the Amazon link to the almond flour I use.
Fried Green Tomatoes:
I think most of us who lived in the 80’s saw the movie! Fried green tomatoes are traditionally served in the Southern United States. They coat them in cornmeal and fry them. They are served with a buttermilk sauce. The Dutch fried green tomatoes are found in Pensylvania as well as in Holland! The Dutch version is usually flour coated then fried.
Everyone at our house is starting to be back to normal. I still sound like I am using my sexy voice or that I smoke 10 packs of cigarettes a day! Haha! I don’t smoke or try to use my sexy voice all day long!
However you like your fried green tomatoes, I hope you enjoy my spicy version of them. Maybe it’s spicy because I live in Arizona!
Spicy Fried Green Tomatoes
- 4 whole Green Tomatoes Sliced into rounds
- 1 cup Almond flour
- 2 whole eggs beaten
- 1 tbsp Everything Spicy seasoning
- Slice tomatoes into rounds and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Beat Eggs in a bowl and set aside.
- Combine Almond flour and seasoning in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Dip tomato in egg then into flour and coat well.
- Fry until golden brown on each side. Remove from pan and put on a plate with a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Serve hot as an appetizer or side dish. I served mine with Spicy Mayo, but you can serve with ranch or any sauce you like.