The theme of my week was spicy foods since I have this darn sinus cold. I made this pressure cooker creamy spicy soup for dinner because it was warm and felt like comfort food and two because it is spicy and I can taste it. I am still sounding like I smoke 23 packs of cigarettes a day but I think I am on the upswing!
This creamy spicy soup was invented with basically what I had in my fridge lol. I didn’t really feel like cooking so I threw a few ingredients into my Instant Pot and voila! Soup that is yummy!
I have the older version of the Instant Pot but it works amazingly so I probably won’t upgrade until I have to. Here are some of the ones available on Amazon:
[amazon_link asins=’B00FLYWNYQ,B00N310CKG,B06Y1MP2PY’ template=’ProductGrid’ store=’goodgracglutf-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’3ca5e6f6-d917-11e7-b1d5-5b7525391cc2′]
When I am not feeling well I always crave spicy soup. My Mom always said Chicken Soup is good for you when you are sick. I always keep frozen chicken bone broth in the freezer to heat and sip on too. It’s not spicy but you can add a few drops of Tabasco to spice it up.
I hope you are all staying healthy this Holiday Season. 🙂
Pressure Cooker Creamy Spicy Soup
- 1 whole Onion chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic chopped
- 1 box Chicken Stock
- 2 andouille sausages chopped
- 2 whole chicken breasts chopped
- 2 TBSP Everything Spicy seasoning Flavor God
- 1/2 brick cream cheese
- 1 yellow pepper chopped
- 1 orange pepper chopped
- 1 container Sour cream if desired
- 1 pkg shredded cheddar if desired
- 1 pkg Arugula if desired
- Turn your pressure cooker to saute. Drizzle a little oil on the bottom of the pot.
- Put onions and garlic in pot. Saute for a few minutes.
- Put peppers into the pot. Continue to saute.
- Add the chopped sausage to the pot.
- Add the chicken breast and seasoning.
- Add the box of chicken stock. Stir well.
- Add the cream cheese.
- Turn the pot off. Put the lid on to lock. Start the pot in Soup mode.
- Once pot has cooked the soup, release the steam. Stir to mix the cream cheese in.
- I topped my soup with arugula, sour cream and cheddar cheese. Feel free to add any toppings you like. 🙂 Enjoy!