I love alfredo sauce! I really don’t know anyone who doesn’t love alfredo sauce. Once I learned how to make it at home I have never bought a store made one since! It is so fast and easy to make and is delicious over almost anything. My base recipe has 5 key ingredients and then you can add to it if you want. Butter, cream cheese, heavy cream, grated parmesan, and garlic. That’s it! Easy Peasy!
After your sauce is ready add any meat and veggies you would like to! In this example, I added chicken, bacon, spinach, arugula, green onions and spaghetti squash. You could also use miracle noodles or zoodles if you prefer. I think I could just eat it by itself honestly!
I am excited to have leftovers of this for lunch tomorrow! There may be arm wrestling in our house over who gets to eat it.
Alfredo sauce isn’t just for pasta. You can cover thinly sliced veggies in a pan with the delicious sauce and bake in the oven until veggies are soft and the sauce is bubbling. This may be a future recipe on here. I am picturing an alfredo ratatouille. Can you taste it yet! I can! You could also make an alfredo chicken, an alfredo shrimp, and many other ideas. I am starting to feel like Forrest Gump and Bubba….. I am sure you are getting the picture.
Here are some fun tools you could use in the kitchen to make your zoodles or veggie noodles. I also linked the grater I use for my cheese. I buy the parmesan in a big brick from Costco and shred it myself.
[amazon_link asins=’B00GRIR87M,B075SLJ42S,B00XPRRHYW,B072TNMLNF,B075H9BKFZ’ template=’ProductGrid’ store=’goodgracglutf-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’fcd7379d-fd60-11e7-aa16-a520d239f3b4′]
Low Carb Alfredo Sauce with Spaghetti Squash and other veggies
- 1 pkg cream cheese I used organic
- 2 sticks Butter I used Kerry Gold
- 1 cup heavy cream I used organic- you can add more if it is too think.
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- Add all ingredients to a pan. If you are going to mix your other ingredients in, make sure your pan is large enough for everything to fit.
- Turn heat to medium.
- whisk until all ingredients are melted together. Continue to cook until sauce thickens. Usually in 2-3 minutes. Continue to whisk so it doesn't burn. 🙂
- Add your other ingredients, or top your veggies, chicken or shrimp in a baking dish.
- I added cooked spaghetti squash, chicken, bacon, spinach, arugua, tomatoes, and green onions.