Gluten Free Fathead Dough is a keto diet lover’s best friend! It can be made to replace quite a few “bread” or “crust” foods but lower carbs!
My kitchen smells so good right now! This Fathead dough smells like bread baking. I might be salivating. I am currently fasting in the mornings until around 10 or 11 to add to my ketogenic diet results. We are going to Mexico in a few weeks and I wanted to kick it up a notch for bathing suit wearing. Not to mention, we had 6 weeks of company and I wasn’t strict with my keto. Ugh, the struggle is real! Anyways, back to keto and feeling better. 🙂
Fathead dough can be used as a delicious substitute for bread while on a ketogenic or low carb diet. I have been craving a bagel with cream cheese and smoked salmon so I made bagels today. You can shape the fathead dough into any shape you want. I made one big thin sheet so I can break it up into crackers later. You can use it as a pizza crust, wrap, taco shell, burrito wrapper, etc etc etc.
You can find variations of this recipe all over Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. It is super easy to make and goes together really fast. I find that using my hands to mix in the egg and almond flour make it go the easiest. You will often see me using my hands to mix things though, but if that grosses you out feel free to use a spoon!
I am not sure who first made this dough, but I am definitely not the original on this one. I think I got the recipe from www.ditchthecarbs.com but have tweaked it slightly.
Here are some items from Amazon that will make it easy to bake!
[amazon_link asins=’B00MYXCVUI,B0725GYNG6′ template=’ProductGrid’ store=’goodgracglutf-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’fc136c03-0b5f-11e8-a159-271f1e3321ab’]
- 2 cups Sherdded Mozzarella I got the big bag from Costco
- 2 TBSP cream cheese
- 3/4 Cup Almond flour
- 1 whole egg
- 1 sprinkle Trader Joe's Bagel Seasoning
- Put Mozzarella and cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave 1 minute.
- Stir and microwave 30 seconds more if the cheese isn't melted.
- Add almond flour and an egg.
- Stir until combined.
- Place dough in desired shape on a silicone baking mat lined baking pan.
- You can press with your fingers to get it flat. If you want you can also use a piece of parchment paper to flatten it.
- Bake in your oven for 10-13 minutes at 425 or until brown. If you are using the dough as pizza add toppings and bake again until the cheese is melted. 🙂
Best Wishes for Gluten-Free Dishes!