Gluten Free low carb crab cakes are so yummy but not always the prettiest recipe! They taste delicious and gave me all the feels of regular crab cakes!
These crab cakes taste just as wonderful as the full-on carb version. Since Crab Cakes are one of my favorite foods so I needed to make a low carb version to satisfy my craving. I love the flavors you can add to the crab to make it just pop! I used a combo of almond flour and coconut flour. It really didn’t take too much to hold these babies together. We like to eat them with Sir Kensington’s spicy mayo. So yummy! I think their Special Sauce would also be delicious! But, I didn’t’ have any on hand. You could also make a tartar sauce with mayo and pickles to serve with these low carb crab cakes. It would add tang and zip!
Side note: You could eat all of the ingredients mixed together without any of the flours as a crab salad and it would be perfect! I really debated adding any of the flour and just serving it that way, but I had already gotten up the hopes of my family for crab cakes! haha! I may make the salad version next week and serve it in lettuce wraps. I definitely have crab on the brain!
If you like this low carb crab cakerecipe you might also like:
Low Carb Crab Cakes
- 1 can Crab Meat I got the one from Costco
- 1 cup Mayo I used Sir Kensington's
- 1/4 cup Dijon Mustard make sure it's GF
- 1/2 cup red pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato chopped
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 1/3 cup Almond flour
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- 1 TBSP garlic powder
- 1 tsp S & P add more or less to taste.
- Drain the crab, rinse and look for any shells. Put into a bowl. Add all ingredients.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan. I used a combination of ghee and avacado oil.
- Form crab into patties and fry until golden brown. Flip and brown the other side.
- Remove from pan and serve with tartar sauce or spicy mayo.
Best Wishes for Gluten Free Dishes!