This keto zucchini lasagna recipe came to be out of necessity to use up items in my fridge and the fact that I wanted to try a new product!
I was super excited to try my new toy, which is a KitchenAid mixer attachment that slices veggies into thin sheets for pasta, wraps or sushi. It was my friend’s birthday and I was going out with the girls for dinner, so I wanted to make something easy and yummy for my family to have while I was gone. The zucchini in my fridge was starting to look a little sad so I landed on using the zucchini as the noodle in my lasagna! Yummy!
The attachment for my mixer took a few minutes to figure out but once I got it assembled I was off and running. It has two blades, one for thick and one for thin slicing. I used the thin blade for the zucchini noodles. Now I am trying to figure out what veggie I want to use it on next. It would make super fun french fries from potatoes or sweet potatoes! Might have to make some different veggies and air fry them and see how they turn out. Carby veggies for the family and low carb veggies for me.
You could make my Fathead dough recipe into garlic bread to go with it! Roll the dough into breadsticks and top with garlic butter instead of bagels! I served this with a big green salad.
Here are the products I used to make this keto zucchini lasagna:
Keto Zucchini noodle lasagna
- 3 large Zucchini the thicker the diameter the better for slicing.
- 1 jar Marinara sauce I used Rao's. Love it!
- 2 lbs Ground beef cooked and crumbled
- 1 pkg Mozzarella cheese
- 1 container Ricotta or cottage cheese
- Cook your ground beef in a pan. Break it into small crumbles.
- Add tomato sauce to beef, reserving enough to spread through the layers.
- Use the kitchen aid blade to make your veggie noodles.
- In your baking dish, put a little sauce on the bottom. Spread it around.
- Put your first zucchini noodle down as you would making a regular lasagna.
- Add a layer of meat sauce and ricotta or cottage cheese.
- Add a layer of mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat layers untl your pan is full.
- Put tomato sauce on the top and one more layer of cheese. I tucked the zucchini noodles into the edge of the pan to form a little cover.
- Place baking dish on a baking sheet so it doesn't overflow in your oven. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 min to an hour.
- Remove from the oven and let it sit for a few minutes. Slice and enjoy!