Who’s Hungry? This pressure cooker broccoli cheddar soup is delicious!!! It has been cold in other places in the world lately but don’t worry- this quick soup will warm you right up! I made this soup in my Instant Pot which makes cooking it fast and easy. I love my Instant Pot. It is so versatile. You can cook rice, soup, meat, stew, yogurt and so many other things in it. It is definitely one of my favorite kitchen devices.
This soup came about because my youngest daughter was craving it. She had asked me all week to make it for her. So, being the awesome Mom I am I did. LOL. I am happy she likes broccoli and will eat it! It was a great addition to our potluck at Bible study this week so it worked out perfectly for everyone!
This version is keto fyi 🙂
I hope you love this broccoli cheddar soup recipe as much as we did.
Amazon Link for Helpful items:
[amazon_link asins=’B00FLYWNYQ,B06Y1MP2PY,B01NBKTPTS,B06Y2GZWCJ,B00004OCNS,B076BRW15W,B0764KSN8C’ template=’ProductGrid’ store=’goodgracglutf-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’af37c629-2e1c-11e8-9acc-47c8fb637456′]
Pressure Cooker Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 tsp avocado oil to add with the butter.
- 1 whole yellow onion minced.
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 boxes Chicken Broth
- 2 bunches broccoli chopped into bite size pieces peel the stem and chop it up too.
- 1 brick cream cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 pkg sharp cheddar cheese plus more to sprinkle on top if you wish
- 1/2 cup arrowroot powder if you like it thick
- 2 pieces chopped cooked bacon to sprinkle on top if you want
- 1 chopped green onion to sprinkle on top if you want
- Turn Instant Pot to saute and add butter and a drizzle of oil.
- Add onion, broccoli and garlic to soften. Stir.
- Add in cream cheese, cheddar cheese and heavy cream. Stir
- Add in broth and stir.
- Put lid on pressure cooker and set to soup setting for 20 minutes.
- Wait for the beep. Release the pressure carefully.
- Stir Soup. If you want it thick take out a little soup in a bowl and mix in the arrowroot powder. Mix until it's not lumpy. Add mixture back into the pot. Stir until thickened. Add more if needed.
- Serve with extra cheese, bacon or green onions on top. Enjoy!