I never thought I would make Vegan anything. I, however, love this Vegan Chili. Many of you know that I love meat. I love almost every kind of meat except liver unless it’s Foie Gras. I love that kind of liver. Crazy I know. Anyway, you didn’t look at a vegan chili recipe to hear me talk about meat. I have been vegan for two weeks to see if it would affect my blood work for the positive. I actually really enjoyed the food and it made me realize a few things.
Things I discovered by being Vegan for two weeks:
- I didn’t die.
- I didn’t starve.
- Beans really are musical fruit.
- I really enjoy the taste of veggies.
- I don’t eat enough veggies in my regular diet.
- Without eating meat, veggies and fruit have amazing taste and flavor pops out!
- I will keep eating a lot more veggies because they make me feel good.
Here are a few items from Amazon to make cooking this recipe easier:
[amazon_link asins=’B0076NOI7A,B0039UU9U4,B00B4GLSSM,B000VK7T3U,B000VK15OY,B000LKVTD6,B000GZU7QQ,B074MGFZ4X,B01D1THP9K,B008YAW8VM’ template=’ProductGrid’ store=’goodgracglutf-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’97de3a8f-48a4-11e8-a49b-f712bf2c8f22′]
I hope you enjoy this Vegan/Vegetarian Chili recipe as much as we did 🙂
- 2 cans organic black beans rinsed and drained
- 2 cans organic kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 2 cans organic pinto beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can organic garbanzo beans rinsed and drained
- 1 large can Roasted canned tomatoes
- 1 box Vegetable broth
- 1 container Organic chopped mushrooms
- 1 whole Chopped yellow pepper
- 1 whole Chopped red pepper
- 4 whole Roma tomates chopped
- 1 large Yellow onion chopped
- 1 large Anaheim Pepper charred and chopped remove seeds and ribs for less spice
- 2 whole Jalapeno Peppers charred and chopped remove seeds and ribs for less spice
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Sweet Paprika
- 1 tsp Chipotle pepper
- 1 TBSP garlic powder
- 1 handful Chopped Cilantro
- 1 pinch S & P
- Char the Jalapenos and Anaheim peppers over a BBQ or gas stove.
- Rinse and add all beans to your crock pot.
- Add all other canned items.
- Chop up veggies and add to crockpot. Stir to combine.
- Add all seasonings and stir.
- Since there is no meat, taste the chili to see if you need to add more of any of the spices.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-6 hours.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro. Enjoy! You can serve with rice or polenta.