It’s Tuesday today and that makes me think of Tacos! This Instant Pot Pork Carnitas recipe will make your taco game stronger! They are fast to make and delicious! I broiled some of the meat in the oven to crisp it up after it is done cooking then put it back into the juice in the Instant Pot. Everyone loved the citrus flavor of the pork.
I did not eat any of this delicious pork carnitas because I am still following a vegan diet. I am craving crab and lobster the most…. what does that say? If there was any of this pork left over I would be eating it for sure! I love the way the citrus smells while it is cooking with the pork. So yummy!
Here are some items from Amazon to help you make this delicious recipe:
[amazon_link asins=’B00FLYWNYQ,B01NBKTPTS,B000G0KJG4,B007WSL3S6,B077DKT757′ template=’ProductGrid’ store=’goodgracglutf-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’ac4102b7-4808-11e8-afb2-1fcab095d86d’]
Instant Pot Pork Carnitas
- 1 2.5 lb pork roast
- 1 pinch S & P
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1-2 tsp Cumin
- 1 whole Yellow onion chopped
- 2-3 whole Garlic cloves chopped
- 1 whole Jalapeno chopped with ribs and seeds removed
- 1 whole Poblano pepper chopped with ribs and seeds removed
- 2 whole oranges juiced
- 2 whole Limes juiced
- 1 whole bay leaf
- 1 tsp smokey chilli powder
- 1 tsp Sweet Paprika
- Mix dry seasonings together in a bowl.
- Rub pork roast with dry seasoning and put into the pressure cooker.
- Add juice from fruit, peppers, onion, garlic and bay leaf.
- Seal your pressure cooker and turn on to the meat setting and cook for 40 minutes.
- After the cooking is done, release the steam. Shred the meat.
- Put some of the meat on a baking tray and crisp it under the broiler.
- After it is crispy put back into the juice.
- Serve in tacos, burrito bowls or however you want to enjoy this delicious meat.