It’s hot and sunny here in AZ and the thought of turning on my oven makes me want to cry. I crave easy to make food that is lighter in the summer. This Thai Chicken lettuce wrap is a perfect summer food! Super easy and made in just one pan… BOOM dinner is ready! More time for floating in the pool or watching your favorite Netflix show. I don’t’ have a series that I am watching right now, but I might have to find one! Hockey is still on TV so that is really all we watch at our house. lol.
My family loves Thai food so these were a huge hit. I am sure they are going to be a part of our regular menu rotation. I hope you love them as much as we did.
Here are some items that will help you make this Thai Chicken easier:
[amazon_link asins=’B00063RXQK,B019QR8MQQ,B00HDLZ072,B01FSY3BF8,B000WR8TT0,B000WS3AMU’ template=’ProductGrid’ store=’goodgracglutf-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’0a1758d2-6519-11e8-857f-8f99f93eb8e1′]
Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 2 handfulls Raw Cashews chopped
- 3 whole chicken breasts chopped into small pieces
- 4 green onions chopped
- 1/2 red pepper Chopped
- 1/2 yellow pepper Chopped
- 2 Celery stalks Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1/4 Cup coconut aminos
- 3 limes juiced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Ginger powder
- 1 tsp Chili Lime seasoning
- S & P to taste
- 1 head butter lettuce washed and dried
- 1 tbsp ghee
- Chop all of the veggies, cashews, and chicken. Set aside
- Mix peanut butter, lime juice and coconut aminos in a bowl until combined. Add in seasoning. Set aside.
- In a pan add ghee and brown the cashews. Once brown remove to a paper towel and set aside.
- Brown chicken in the oil left from the cashews. Cook until tender.
- Add in celery, peppers and almost all of the onions. Save a few onion pieces for garnish.
- Sautee together until the veggies start to soften. But are not soggy.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle cashews in and stir.
- Put mixture into a lettuce leaf and sprinkle with green onions.
- Enjoy 🙂