This was my first time making beef tips with coconut cream mushroom sauce. I have a go-to way of making my sauce for other meats so I incorporated it here! We ate it over arugula, but you can serve it with mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes or rice if you like.
It only took one pan to make this meal so dishes were a snap! I love when that happens.
Beef tips are parts of the steak, but not necessarily all the same cut of meat. I was concerned it would be chewy so I marinated it during the day in a quick sauce of coconut aminos, avocado oil, garlic, Italian seasoning and balsamic vinegar. I honestly didn’t measure the ingredients, I just poured it into a ziplock bag and put the meat in. Once I sealed it I squished the liquid onto the meat and put it in the fridge. You can substitute your favorite marinade ingredients if you would like.
The marinade made the steak sear a pretty color of brown as the vinegar carmelized in the pan. I love the tangy flavor it gave this dish.
I love Amazon so much! I seriously think they might be the first place to notice if I went missing because I didn’t order something from them that week. LOL, I am just kidding. But seriously. Here are some items that I used to make this dish.
[amazon_link asins=’B00B4UOKM4,B011LVDECM,B01MD0T6G0,B013XTHODK,B01FB3Q1TE,B019QR8MQQ’ template=’ProductGrid’ store=’goodgracglutf-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’df7904a8-9beb-11e8-80ba-1356fd263536′]
I hope you love this recipe as much as we did. It was easy to put together and super yummy! Just remember to marinade your meat in the morning so it is ready to cook for dinner.
Beef tips with Coconut Cream Mushroom Sauce
- 1 pkg Steak Tips Mine came in my Butcher Box.
- 1 pkg Cremini mushrooms
- 1 can Full fat coconut milk
- 2 tsp Paleo AIP seasoning
- 1 chopped yellow onion
- 1 tsp arrowroot powder
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- Marinate the Steak tips in your favorite marinade for a least 6 hours.
- Sear the steak tips in a cast iron skillet with avocado oil. Work in batches if they don't all fit. Season with the AIP seasoning and salt. Or your choice of seasonings.
- Once steak is cooked to medium doneness, remove from skillet and place on a plate.
- Add more oil if needed. Sautee mushrooms and onions until desired doneness.
- Add coconut milk. Stir.
- In a seperate bowl, mix beef broth with arrowroot powder. Wisk until there are no lumps.
- Pour into pan and stir to combine. This will thicken your sauce.
- Add Steak back to the cream sauce and stir to cover steak with the sauce.
- Simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Serve over arrugula or your favorite potato product or rice 🙂