I made this mushroom spinach onion frittata for breakfast today and it was YUMMY! I am doing a 21-day sugar detox “cleanse” before the holiday season is here and now that the summer pool parties are winding down, it’s a perfect time. Sugar is a powerful drug and man oh man my body wants carby snacks and wine right now, well not right now because it’s not even 8 a.m. but you get what I am saying. I am looking forward to next week when I am past the cravings and in the routine of detox. We don’t eat a ton of carby snacks and junk food, but I do enjoy wine more than I probably should and occasionally popcorn. I can turn down chips, chocolate, and other snacks but popcorn gets me every time! haha!
I think it is good to reset your body and eat a certain way for a time. We usually eat paleo/keto most of the time. Recently, I have been having an issue with dairy and so have cut it out of my diet, unless I am somewhere where gluten free and dairy free are not available. I am always gluten-free. If you can eat dairy I recommend adding feta cheese to this breakfast frittata and it would be ah-mazing! Feta has that delicious salty taste that would make this frittata pop!
Are you a breakfast person? Breakfast is probably my favorite meal of the day. I have tried fasting but my body really enjoys breakfast and the energy I get from eating it. We are usually mostly protein and some fruit or veggies in the morning people. We don’t usually eat a pastry or other sugary breakfast items unless it’s Christmas morning. Gluten Free donuts are a thing on Christmas morning. It’s a tradition.
Here are a few items I used to make this delicious frittata. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
[amazon_link asins=’B0078P9D5S,B000ANY6UW,B012P1BBQS’ template=’ProductGrid’ store=’goodgracglutf-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’a3bae9c1-c0d6-11e8-a7ce-0786335bd4af’]
Mushroom Spinach Onion Fritatta
- 6 Organic Eggs cracked and beaten with a little water
- 1 PKG Crimini mushrooms washed, and sliced
- 2 handfulls Organic Spinach chopped
- 1/2 Organic yellow onion chopped
- 1 clove Organic Garlic minced
- 1 pinch S & P
- Sautee mushrooms, onion and garlic in your frittata pan until veggies are soft but not soggy.
- Crack eggs into your bowl. Whisk with a few tsp of water.
- Add Spinach to pan and sautee for a few minutes.
- Pour eggs into pan. Use a spatula to move the eggs around while they cook so they don't burn.
- If you are adding cheese add it now 🙂
- Once eggs are starting to become firm, make a smooth layer and prepare to flip.
- Put top cover on the frittata pan. Flip carefully. Use your spatula to push is back in the middle of the pan after the flip.
- Cook on other side with top on until the eggs are cooked.
- Slice and enjoy!