Pumpkin season has arrived! It’s official.. Starbucks has released the Pumpkin Spice Latte! There are pumpkins in all of the stores and fall decor is up! I haven’t had a PSL in a few years, mostly because I don’t like drinking that much sugar in one cup and I am always nervous about their additives to the syrup. Is it really gluten-free? I know it’s GMO and has lots of ingredients I can’t pronounce so I am just like NAH! You can make my Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer and have something much more healthy and delicious though! It even has pumpkin in it!
I have been playing with recipes using collagen lately. I know it is gut healing so I am trying to incorporate it into my diet more. Usually, I throw a scoop into my smoothie, but my daughter gave me an idea the other day when she made her smoothie with collagen in it and left it in the fridge. It turned into pudding. She said it was delicious so I thought….. hmmmmmmmm.
Here you have my concoction of pumpkin pie deliciousness. It took me about 10 minutes to make the pie then refrigerate for an hour or so it can solidify. I topped it with whipped coconut cream (put a can of coconut milk in the fridge for about an hour. The cream will solidify. Separate the cream from the liquid and Voila you can whip it with a little sweetener if you like and you have coconut whip!) So many delicious combinations going on.
Here are a few items I used to make this delicious pumpkin collagen pie!
[amazon_link asins=’B00NLQXXDQ,B00A8FH3UM,B00IYBA87C,B001HTJ2BQ,B01KHHFCKS,B074C9N6TQ,B00TKRQWS8,B000RJTNFC’ template=’ProductGrid’ store=’goodgracglutf-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’74f95dfc-b5f3-11e8-a6ac-e73814d8e316′]
[amazon_link asins=’B00HDLZ072,B00EGXGKHE,B009Z3WZAQ’ template=’ProductGrid’ store=’goodgracglutf-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’b4855f09-b5f3-11e8-9394-8f8dd72cdd29′]
Hope you enjoy this pumpkin pie as much as we did. I loved making it in my blender and the crust in my food processor so the dishes went right into the dishwasher! Quick to make and clean up!
Here’s a YouTube Video of me making this pie!
Pumpkin Collagen Pie
- 1 can Organic pumpkin puree
- 1 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 3 scoops Vital Protein Collagen
- 12 pitted dates soaked in hot water to soften
- 11/2 Cups Cashews I used raw
- 1 Cup Almonds I used raw
- 1 Pinch Salt
- Soak the dates in hot water to soften. Make sure there are no pits.
- Put a can of Full fat coconut milk in the fridge. Save for later.
- Filling: Put the pumpkin, collagen and pumpkin spice in the blender and combine. Scrape down the edges and blend again.
- Crust: Put cashews, almonds, and salt in food processor. Drain water from dates. Add dates to the processor. Blend until fine meal forms.
- Spray a springform pan and line bottom with parchment paper.
- Press crust into pan. I used a piece of parchment paper so it wasn' t so sticky on my hands.
- Pour filling into pan and smooth out. Put in the fridge at least an hour to firm.
- After about an hour, open can of coconut milk and seperate the coconut cream from the liquid. Whip the cream with some sweetner to desired sweetness.
- Top the pie with the coconut whipped cream and serve.