BLT sandwich skewers are a fun way to eat your typical BLT. Who doesn’t love food on a stick? It reminds me of going to the state fair except they are not deep fried!
We were invited to go to our friend’s boat on a sunset cruise with some food and cool drinks. It was still really hot in AZ so cool drinks are a must! The lake was beautiful and our friends are always a great time. We had fun snacks on board like charcuterie, hummus and veggies, assorted cheese and crackers and BLT sandwiches! The water was cool and we floated for a few hours laughing and talking. There might have been some singing too! Haha!
We love being on the water and coming up with fun food that is easy to eat is always a good time. I think Arizona has some of the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen.
I thought I took one of the canyons with the sunset, but I guess I didn’t. That gives me an excuse to go back… photo opp lol! Not the fact that I love boating and our friends haha!
If you have never been to the lakes near Phoenix, you should definitely check it out! There is a steamboat that runs on Canyon Lake and gives tours as well as dinner cruises. It’s a pretty cool experience if you don’t have your own boat. Here’s the link to the Dolly Steamboat.
These BLT sandwiches took a few extra minutes to assemble due to the size and the skewer, but I hope you love them as much as we did. Plus they have bacon… and I love bacon.
BLT Sandwich Skewers
- 1 loaf Canyon Bakehouse Gluten Free Bread
- 2 whole tomatoes sliced
- 1 pkg bacon precook until crispy
- 1 head Lettuce washed and dried
- 1 jar Sir Kensington's Special Sauce
- 1 stick Butter
- 8-10 skewers
- Toast your bread in the toaster. Spread a little butter on warm bread. Set aside.
- Cut bread into quarters. This is the perfect size for a skewer.
- Start assembling your skewer. Bread, Sir Kensington's Special sauce, lettuce, tomato, bacon, and repeat. I put 3 mini sandwiches on each skewer. If you have longer skewers you will add more layers or shorter skewers fewer layers.
- Continue until you have made your desired amount of skewers.
- Enjoy 🙂