This Instant Pot Fajita Chicken can be served over rice, cauliflower rice, zoodles or a salad or eaten as a soup! It is very versatile based on your needs. I love that it is made in one pot and the pressure cooker makes it cook quickly. And only one pot to wash is awesome! I don’t’ really like washing dishes so the less to wash is better!
We had Bible study last night and this is the dish I made for our potluck. Some people ate it over a salad and others ate it like soup and added rice. It was cool and rainy here so comfort food hit the spot. The Phoenix area had more rain in the last 3 days that it has all year! We didn’t get much flooding in our part of the Valley, but other parts have lots of flooding. I love having a break from the hot weather and hope the fall temperatures are here to stay!
Here are some items from Amazon that I used to make this fajita chicken!
Instant Pot Fajita Chicken
- 9 Chicken Thighs chopped
- 2 yellow onions chopped
- 1 red pepper Sliced
- 1 yellow pepper Sliced
- 1 orange pepper Sliced into rounds
- 1 TBSP Flavor God Taco Seasoning
- 1 Jar Salsa Verde I used mild but you can use spicy if you want.
- 2 Cups Chicken Stock I used Costco Organic
- Turn your Instant Pot to Sautee and add some oil. Sautee onions for 3 minutes until they start to caramelize.
- Add peppers into the pot and continue to sautee.
- Add Flavor God seasoning and stir.
- Add Chicken and stir.
- Add jar or salsa verde and chicken stock. Stir.
- Put the lid on and change Instant Pot settings to Manual pressure. Cook for 25 minutes.
- After the 25 minutes your instant pot should beep. Carefully remove the pressure until the release valve goes down. Serve as soup or over your favorite rice or cauli rice. Enjoy!