This Mummy Meatloaf is a perfect dinner for Halloween! It is the same recipe as my Taco meat pie, only you add the pastry crust to the top and omit the bacon. Halloween is a busy day if you have littles to take trick or treating and you can make this ahead of time then bake it when you are ready. A big salad or zoodles would be perfect with this. I love having a big protein before candy lol! Mummy Meatloaf is loaded with protein so it will fill you up before the sugar brings you down.
Our kids are 19 and 16, so we won’t be taking them trick or treating tonight. Our oldest lives on her own and the youngest doesn’t go trick or treating anymore. She will help us hand out the candy in our neighborhood. I have an exciting Halloween puzzle to do and the Blackhawks play hockey, so that is no doubt what will be going on at our house. We have hosted Halloween parties and Halloween night at our house with food, family, and friends but now that our girls are older, we enjoy handing out candy to the cute princesses and Marvel characters that come by.
Here’s the YouTube live making of this recipe. Happy Halloween!
- 2 lbs Ground beef
- 1 TBSP Taco Seasoning I used Flavor God
- 1 Cup shredded cheddar cheese.
- 1/2 Cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 Cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 Cup ketchup
- 1 Yellow onion chopped
- 1 Gluten Free Pie Crust Thawed
- 2 green olives with pimentos
- Add all ingredients except the pie crust to the pie pan.
- Mix all ingredients together and flatten into the pan.
- Lay a piece of parchment paper on the counter. Put the pie crust on it and form it into a ball. Roll it out flat. Cut it into strips for the mummy cloth.
- Lay the strips of crust over the meatloaf so it looks like a mummy.
- Add the two green olives with pimentos to look like eyes.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 45 minutes.