This demo of how to make a quick charcuterie board will have you whipping up one to keep your guest happy during happy hour or the holidays.
I love to serve different variations of a charcuterie board throughout the year. It is basically a combination of what ever I have picked up for that occasion.
Items I always have on hand:
There are a few items I always have on hand in case we get last minute company or host a sporadic happy hour and I don’t have time to run to the store.
These items include: pickles, olives, cheese, Italian meat, nuts, and apples. You can expand upon this list to include your favorite items, but these are a part of our weekly life, so they are always in the fridge or pantry,
Make it fancy, or not?
You can add holiday foods to make your quick charcuterie fancy if you would like. Some examples of that are by adding deviled eggs are Easter, Pomegranate slices during Christmas, Special apples like Honeycrisp during Thanksgiving, etc.
If I was going to a Christmas party and I wanted to bring a fancy board, I might include my usual items but add chocolate covered nuts or berries to a corner, fancy stuffed olives, pickled fish or anything your host loves to have during the holidays.
Pretty Dishes on the board:
I like to add pretty dishes to my board to add places for people to put their olive pits, or to hold items that might run away while the board is getting passed around or when people are assembling their perfect bites.
They also add dimension to a flat board. This is fun because people eat with their eyes first. Even one little holiday themed bowl or small plate can spruce up the board.
Pin this now and make it later!
Here’s a Video on How to Make a Quick Charcuterie Board:
Here are some other appetizers you might like:
Here’s the recipe! Hope you like it 🙂
Quick Charcuterie Board
- 1 pkg Goat Cheese I have used soft cheese as well as hard slices
- 1 pkg Italian Meat
- 1 pkg Olives
- 1 pkg Roasted Peppers
- 1 pkg Gluten Free Crackers
- 1 pkg Hard Cheese Variety
- 1 pkg Pickles
- 1 Apple sliced
- 1 Pear sliced
- 1 Any other items you would like to add.
- Get a platter or wooden board that you want to arrange your items on.
- Pick out a pretty plate or bowl to hold some items that either have juices or roll around. EX: Roasted peppers or olives
- Start arranging items in like categories. Ex: cheddar cheese slices beside other hard cheese slices.
- Continue adding items until you are all done.
- Add any holiday garnishes like pomegranate slices or Christmas chocolate.
- Serve and enjoy!