Rum Chata Cupcakes are so much fun to make and just as much fun to eat! They are definitely NSFK (not safe for kids) because they have Rum Chata in the cupcake and in the frosting. These are the perfect dessert for a girls night or Holiday party. I recommend making mini cupcakes for a holiday party so they are one bite and less likely to slop crumbs on your clothes. Or maybe that’s just me!
Rum Chata is the alcohol version of Horchata. You could sub horchata for the Rum Chata and serve them to kids. They would be just as delicious. Horchata is a rice-based drink made in Mexico and Central America with spices. It is delicious and usually has cinnamon in it.
I was blessed to be able to bake today with my friend Jamie. Jamie is also gluten-free, so I was thankful to be able to share this with her. I am also happy to have sent home some cupcakes with her so they are not at my house lol. Delicious but I am not a big sweet eater. If you missed us making them in Instagram live or Facebook live you can watch it here from YOUTUBE.
Rum Chata Cupcakes
- 1 Gluten free vanilla cake mix I used Pamelas
- 1 Cup Rum Chata
- 1/2 Cup Oil I used Avocado
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 2 Sticks Butter Softened
- 4 Cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 Cup Rum Chata
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- Add 1 cup Rum Chata, Eggs and Oil to a mixing bowl. Mix to combine.
- Add cinnamon and the GF cake mix to the bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Scoop into lined muffin tins.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool cupcakes then frost with the Rum Chata icing.
- FROSTING: Add 1/2 cup Rum Chata, butter and cinnamon to the mixing bowl using a mix and scrape attachment if you have one. Mix until combined.
- Add powdered sugar a little at a time until desired thickness.
- Put frosting in a large ziplock bag. Seal it. Cut a hole in the corner big enough for the frosting to come out of. Frost the cupcakes.