I had never heard of a strip loin before it came in my Butcher Box, but that is because I am not really good with what different cuts of meat are called.
I decided to cook it in the oven, similar to how I make my oven prime rib roast and it turned out perfect! Use an internal meat thermometer so you can take it out as soon as it is medium rare.
I have been making a lot of holiday treats with more sugar than we eat all year, so I try to balance out our day with a nice protein for dinner with some lower carb veggie. For our family it’s all about balance!
Why Do I order my meat?
I order our meat because I want high quality, no hormones or antibiotics and humanely raised. I think grass fed is better tasting and better for our bodies because there are more nutrients and there is less risk of e Coli and other things. You can read all about it from Bulletproof Blog. They wrote a series about the benefits.
How Did I make this roast?
This strip loin roast was pretty easy to make! If you didn’t want it as a roast you can cut it into steaks to and BBQ them. I think it’s the same as a New York Strip then?
Here’s how I did it:
Take the meat out of the fridge for about 30 minutes before cooking.
Turn your oven on to 450 degrees F.
In a shallow baking pan drizzle a little Avocado oil
Rub your roast with Salt, Pepper, herbs and Garlic. You can use
Insert an oven thermometer so you know when to remove the roast. I will post the one I use in the Amazon section below.
Place in the roaster fat side up. This helps keep everything juicy while cooking as the fat can drip onto the meat.
Can you say YUM
Place the roast in the oven and cook at 450 for 15 minutes. This will form a nice crust and make it really yummy!
Reduce the heat after 15 minutes to 350 degrees. Continue to cook until your meat thermometer reads 130 degrees for medium rare. Remove from heat and let the meat rest for 15 minutes before slicing. Remember to slice against the grain of the meat to keep it tender.
Serve with your favorite side dish!
Side Dish Ideas:
Here are a few side dishes you might like:
Here are a few items you might like to help you make this roast easier! If you purchase anything from these links, I will get a small commission. It doesn’t effect the price to you but it helps me maintain my blog and I appreciate it!
Here’s The Recipe:
Medium Rare Strip Loin Roast
- 1 Strip Loin. About 4 lbs
- 1 – 2 TBSP Seasoning- salt pepper garlic herbs
- 1 Drizzle Avocado Oil
- Take your roast out of the fridge 30 minutes before cooking. Let it rest at room temp.
- Turn the oven on to 450 degrees.
- Rub your roast with seasoning. Insert meat thermometer.
- Drizzle Avocado oil in the bottom of your baking pan.
- Place the roast in the pan fat side up.
- Bake at 450 for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, turn the oven down to 350 degrees.
- Continue to bake until the meat thermometer is at 130 degrees for medium rare.
- Remove roast and let rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Slice against the grain so it remains tender!
I hope you enjoy this roast as much as we do!