These Paleo Elk chil stuffed sweet potatoes are delicious and easy to make. You can make the chili ahead of time and then assemble for a quick dinner. I used my recipe from my Paleo Elk Chili and made it in the instant pot. This cooks it quite quickly. I microwaved a few small sweet potatoes and cut up some veggies for toppings and voila dinner is served.
These stuffed sweet potatoes are a perfect weeknight meal because you can prep ahead and have dinner ready fast!
I love using my Instant Pot to cook meals like soups and stews. It makes them so yummy in such a short time!
I had such a fun time filming this recipe with my Mother In Law. She’s awesome and I love cooking with her. I didn’t eat much game growing up, but then I married into the family of hunters and I learned to love it.
How Do I Make this Recipe?
Begin by following my Paleo Elk Chili Recipe and make it either in a crock pot or Instant pot. If you don’t like Elk you can substitute it for ground beef. 🙂
Paleo Elk Chili
- 2 lbs Elk meat ground
- 1 lb Ground beef
- 2 large Canned roasted tomatoes chopped
- 1 can Tomato Paste
- 2 Colored bell peppers chopped
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1 Clove of Garlic chopped
- 1/2 box Beef stock or Bone broth
- 1 TBSP Chili Powder
- 1 TBSP Cumin
- 1 TBSP Flavor God Garlic Lovers seasoning
- 1 TSP Salt and Pepper
- 1 can Black and kidney beans Add if you want beans in your chili
- Brown elk and beef in multi cooker. Add seasoning.
- Add onions and cook until translucent.
- Add Peppers and garlic. Cook until soft.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste and broth. Add beans if you want to make the non Paleo version.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Cook on low in multi cooker for 8 hours.
- Garnish with fresh herbs, cheese, greek yogurt or sour cream depending on your dietary needs.
Next you want to microwave enough sweet potatoes to feed your people.
Chop up vegges to use as a garnish. I like: peppers, cilantro, green onions and olives.
Cut your sweet potato so there is a slit in the top and squeeze it slightly so there is room to put the chili.
Put the chili in your sweet potato and garnish!
You can add cheese and sour cream if you don’t want to keep it Paleo.
Paleo Chili Stuffed Sweet Potato
- 4 Small Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Red pepper for topping
- 1 yellow pepper for topping
- 1 Green onion for topping
- 1 Shredded lettuce for topping
- 1 can Sliced black olives
- Make Paleo Elk Chili using that recipe.
- Microwave enough small sweet potatoes for everyone in your family. Don’t forget to stab your sweet potato so it doesn’t explode in the microwave.
- Cut a slit in the top and squish the sweet potato slightly.
- Scoop the Paleo chili into the sweet potato and top with your favorite toppings. I listed a few of my favorites above.
Watch Me Make this on YOUTUBE!
Here are a few items that will make these stuffed sweet potatoes easier to cook! If you purchase anything from these links I may get a small commission. It does not affect the price of the item to you but it helps me keep my blog going and I appreciate it!
Here are some other recipes you might enjoy!
Hope you enjoy these Paleo Chili Stuffed Sweet Potatoes as much as we do!