Why I Crave This Thai Cabbage Salad!
This Thai cabbage salad is so easy to make and totally satisfies my craving for crunch! It is slightly salty and a little sweet so it is the perfect combination of delicious flavors!
If you like a good salad and fresh flavors you will crave this thai cabbage salad too! I literally was driving home from an appointment today and stopped at the store for nappa cabbage to make this salad. I had all of the other ingredients but the napa cabbage. And Voila! Lunch was served. Yummy! I am excited to make it again.
It has been cloudy and cool in Arizona lately and usually that means I crave comfort food. Stews and soups that are hearty and filling. Not today! I totally wanted something light and crunchy. We had some leftover rotissery chicken in the fridge and that is what I served with it for some protein.
What Do You Need To Make This?
This salad goes together in just a few minutes and is super easy to make!
You will need the following ingredients to whip this up:
One head of Napa Cabbage
A bunch of green onions
Shredded Carrots- you can buy them pre shredded or shred your own.
A red, yellow or orange pepper or combination of them.
Gluten Free Soy sauce or Coconut Aminos
Rice Wine Vinegar
Sugar or sweetener
Optional ingredients: You can really add any veggies you would like to this salad. The Napa Cabbage makes it super crunchy and delicious. I sometimes add snap peas, apple, pear, or bean sprouts.
First wash all your produce and allow to dry for a few minutes.
Chop the end off the Napa Cabbage and separate the leaves.
Slice the leaves of the cabbage the long way so they are bite sized pieces. This just makes it easier to eat. Then chop it up.
Chop the rest of the veggies into bite size pieces.
Toast the sesame seeds in a pan on medium heat. Stir so they don’t burn. Set aside.
Make the dressing in a bowl. It has soy sauce or coconut aminos, rice vinegar, sesame oil and a little sugar in it. You could also add ginger or Chinese 5 spice to it if you want to spice it up. As well as Chili sauce if you really want to kick up the heat.
Add the chopped veggies to the dressing in a big bowl. Toss. Add the peanuts and toasted sesame seeds. Voila! You are ready to eat.
Pair this salad with your favorite protein for a complete meal.
Here are some other recipes you might like:
Pin This Now Make It Later!
Here is the actual recipe for this Deliciously Crunchy Thai Cabbage Salad!
Gluten Free Crunchy Thai Salad
- 1 head Napa Cabbage chopped
- 1 Cup Shredded Carrots
- 1/2 Cup Peanuts
- 1 bunch Green Onions chopped
- 2 Red, Orange or Yellow Peppers Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Sesame Seeds
- 1/2 Cup GF Soy Sauce or Coconut Aminos
- 1/2 Cup Sesame Oil
- 1/3 Cup Rice Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Sugar or Sweetener of your choice.
- Any Optional Veggies/Fruit.
- Wash all veggies and allow them to dry.
- In a large bowl, combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, and coconut sugar. Whisk to combine. If you want to make it spicy or add a kick of flavor, add ginger, Chinese 5 spice or chili paste to the dressing.
- Toast the sesame seeds in a pan over medium heat and set aside.
- Chop all veggies into bite-sized pieces. Add to the bowl of dressing. Toss to combine.
- Add peanuts and sesame seeds. Toss again.
- Your salad is ready! Pair it with your favorite protein and enjoy!