Three Ingredients is All YOU NEED!
Are you looking for a quick side dish, appetizer or meal? My 3 ingredient stuffed jalapenos are just the thing if you like a little or a lot of spice!
The only three ingredients you need is jalapenos, cream cheese and honey. If you want this to be your meal I would add one more ingredient and that would be cooked chicken. Just because I like to have protein at every meal.
How Do I Make These?
That’s the best part! It’s super easy to make these stuffed jalapenos. I recommend wearing rubber gloves when you are taking the seeds and ribs out of the peppers so you don’t burn your hands or accidentally rub your eye. It’s very painful and takes a while to stop hurting. I am giving this advice from experience!
You will need to buy some jalapenos. If you want a whole meal, buy big ones. If you want an appetizer or side buy regular sized ones. You can also use Anaheim or Poblano peppers if you don’t want it as spicy. They are also larger so you can stuff more in them. Use your best judgement on which peppers you would like to use.
Let one package of cream cheese come to room temperature for about 15 minutes. This makes it easy to stuff into your pepper and mix in the honey.
In a bowl, mix the cream cheese with about 1/3 cup of honey. You can adjust the sweetness to your preference.
I roasted my jalapenos over my gas stove because it was raining outside, but you can blister them using the grill or your oven on broil. I wanted to char them a little so they soften and are easier to remove the ribs without cutting them all the way open.
This is where I put on my gloves. Cut the end off of the pepper. Carefully cut the ribs out and remove the seeds. You want to do this to cut some of the spice. If you want it really warm, leave the ribs and just remove the seeds.
Stuff each pepper with the cream cheese mixture. I used a small spoon and tried to push it all the way to the bottom so each bite had some filling.
Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes or until the cheese is melting. I like the pepper still a little crunchy so I don’t overcook it.
Serve and enjoy!
Pin This NOW Make it LATER!
Here’s the RECIPE for Stuffed Jalapenos!
- 6 Jalapeno Peppers Large ones
- 1 brick Cream Cheese softened
- 1/3 Cup Honey
- 1 Cup Cooked Chicken Optional
- 1 Pinch S &P
- Set your cream cheese out at room temperature for about 15 minutes to soften.
- Blister your peppers with either the gas stove, oven broiler or bbq grill. You want them to soften a bit so it’s easier to remove the ribs and seeds.
- Mix cream cheese with honey in a bowl. Add S & P. Stir.
- Put gloves on if desired. Cut the end off of the pepper. Carefully remove the ribs and seeds as to not break the pepper open.
- Do not touch your eye or anywhere else….the capsaicin from the pepper can burn you.
- Use a small spoon to fill the peppers with the cheese mixture.
- Place on a baking pan.
- Bake in a 400-degree oven for about 15 minutes. Your cheese should be melted.
- Don’t overcook if you like the pepper still crunchy.
- If you want to make it a whole meal, add cooked chicken to the cream cheese mixture to add protein. If you like the peppers spicier, you can leave the ribs inside and just remove the seeds.
- Serve and ENJOY!
Hope this recipe spices up your life or at least your dinner, appetizer or side!