Did you get an Instant Pot for Christmas?
If you received an instant pot for Christmas here is a simple recipe for you to make with your new gift and one of our favorites… Teriyaki beef!
I wanted to make a recipe that my daughter in college could throw together in a few minutes and have a yummy meal.
We bought her the additional ceramic insert so she can cook rice or other veggies at the same time as meat in her pressure cooker to make it more efficient. I will put a link below to the insert for rice or veggies. 🙂
If you wanted to you could make this recipe with chicken or pork as well instead of beef. You can also add veggies if you want to!
What Do I Need To Make This Recipe?
You will need an Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker to start off with. 🙂
Also: 2 pounds of sliced beef, pork or chicken. I used a strip roast that I cut into thin slices.
1 cup of water
5 TBSP of packed brown sugar. Or less- I like mine less sweet but my family likes it sweeter. So the decision is yours 🙂
1 Large garlic clove minced.
1/2 tsp grated ginger or powdered ginger.
2 tsp honey.
2 TBSP cornstarch.
1/4 cup water.
1 cup of water and 1 cup or rice if you want to make it in the ceramic pot. As well as any veggies you would like to add.
Here’s what to do with the ingredients:
Turn your pressure cooker or instant pot on to saute mode. This allows you to bring the liquid to a boil and make your sauce. I love this setting for browning or precooking meat in the Instant Pot.
Add all of the ingredients except the 1/4 cup of water and 2 TBSP of cornstarch. Whisk it all together. Continue to stir occasionally until the temperature comes up and it is getting thick.
Once it is thick, turn the pot off. Add your meat and give it a stir to coat the meat in the sauce. If you want to add veggies you can do it now.
If you want to make rice in the ceramic cooker, put the stand into the meat. Add 1 cup of rice and 1 cup of water into the ceramic cooker and put the silicon lid on top. Put it in the metal lifting rack. Place into the pressure cooker.
Put the lid on and turn it on to manual pressure mode. Set the time for 20 minutes.
Make sure it pressurized correctly and then wait for your food to be done.
Super easy and delicious!
Here’s the Video on how to make this recipe:
Similar Recipes You Might Like:
Here’s the link to a few products that might help you in making this recipe. If you purchase through the link I will make a small commission. It doesn’t effect the cost of the product to you but it helps me continue to post here! Thank you!
Pin Now Make Later!
Here’s The Recipe!
Instant Pot Teryaki Beef- Gluten Free
- 2 lbs beef, chicken or pork cut into thin strips
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup GF Soy sauce or Coconut Aminos
- 5 TBSP Brown Sugar packed I like mine with less sugar.
- 2 TBSP honey
- 1-2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1/2 TSP Ginger
- 2 TBSP Cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup rice optional
- 1 cup water optional
- 1 cup veggies optional
- Turn your Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker to the saute setting.
- Add 1 cup water, soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, minced garlic, and ginger to the pot. Whisk.
- Bring to a bubble stirring occasionally so it doesn’t’ burn.
- Whisk together in a small bowl the cornstarch and 1/4 cup of water. This makes a slurry.
- Add to the pot and whisk to combine. This will make it nice and thick.
- Turn your pot off once it is thick.
- Add meat and any veggies you like. Stir to coat.
- If you are making rice in the ceramic cooker insert, put the metal stand on top of the meat.
- Put the rice and 1 cup of water in the ceramic insert. Put the silicone lid on. Put the ceramic cooker in the metal lifting rack. Place all inside the Instant Pot.
- Put the Instant pot lid on and seal it.
- Turn your Instant Pot on the manual setting. Change the time to 20 minutes.
- Make sure it pressurizes correctly. Now you have time to do whatever you need to do!
- Once your Instant Pot is finished cooking, carefully release the pressure using an oven mitt or towel so you don’t burn yourself.
- Open the lid and Dinner is READY!
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do! Feel free to play with the sweetness to your taste! I like mine less sweet but the majority of my family likes it with this much sweetness in it.
Have a great rest of your day!