Pressure cooker ribs are a quick weeknight meal! Did you get a pressure cooker or an Instant Pot this year? Are you looking for a fast and delicious meal for your family?
I made these quick and easy pressure cooker ribs in less than 45 minutes! It was one of those days when I couldn’t decide what to make for dinner. I have that problem too occasional just like everyone else.
It was a lazy rainy day here and we had company in town. I couldn’t decide what I wanted to make for dinner. Should we go out to eat? What should we have? Finally at about 3 p.m. it came to me Ribs! The only problem was they were in the freezer.
So, I quickly took them out of the freezer and put them in a zip lock bag in a bowl full of cool water. I needed to thaw them a little so I could separate them.
What do I Need to Make This Recipe?
You will need a pressure cooker or an Instant Pot.
Pork Baby Back Ribs
Dry Rub seasoning
That’s it! Super easy! I finished the ribs in our smoker to add the smoky flavor and make the sauce sticky, but you could finish them in the oven. You really don’t want to cook them, just heat up the sauce.
How Do I Make These Delicious Looking Ribs?
So glad you asked! I would love to share that with you! To begin, remove the silver skin from your ribs. It’s kinda gross, but it makes a huge difference on how tender your ribs turn out!
The best way I have found to remove it is to use a paper towel and grab it and pull. It should just pull off
Here’s a YOUTUBE video on how to do it:
Like I said it’s a little gross, but once you do it a few times it’s actually pretty easy.
Rub your ribs with your favorite dry rub. I used Paleo Powder.
Place your Ribs into your pressure cooker standing up so they curve around. You can cut them to fit.
Add about 1/2 of a cup of water to the bottom of the pot.
Put your lid on and turn the pressure cooker to manual pressure for 35 minutes. Now you have time to sit back and relax or make a side dish to go with the pressure cooker ribs.
Once the pressure cooker is finished, CAREFULLY release the pressure. Open your lid and your ribs will be very tender.
Carefully lift them onto a sheet pan and brush your favorite sauce on them.
You can put them in a 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes to get the sauce sticky. I put mine in my smoker for about 15 minutes on 225 just to get the smokey taste and make the sauce sticky.
They should be falling off of the bone and super yummy! I am seriously drooling right now typing this out. I might have to go heat some up…. hang on BRB. LOL.
Here are some SIDES to go with your Pressure Cooker Ribs:
Pin Now Make Them LATER!
Here’s The Printable Recipe
Quick and Easy Pressure Cooker Ribs
- 2 Baby Back Ribs
- 1 Cup BBQ Sauce
- 1/3 Cup Dry Rub
- Remove the silver skin from your ribs. It’s a little gross but makes them turn out falling off the bone!
- Rub ribs with your dry rub of choice.
- Put them in the instant pot standing up. You can cut them to fit.
- Add 1/2 cup of water to the bottom of your cooker.
- Put the lid on your pressure cooker and turn it on to manual pressure. Set the time for 35 minutes.
- Once the cooker is finished, carefully release the pressure.
- Take the ribs out and put them on a sheet pan. Brush your favorite sauce on them.
- Cook them in a 350-degree oven for 10 minutes to make the sauce sticky. You can also put them in a smoker at 225 for 15 minutes to infuse the smokey flavor and make the sauce sticky.
- Serve them with your favorite side dishes and ENJOY!
Hope you love these quick and easy pressure cooker ribs as much as we do!