Are you looking for a delicious appetizer? How about a quick dinner? These keto sausage stuffed mushrooms are both! They won’t leave you feeling left out at a party either with the delicious creamy texture and protein to boot!
They are easy to put together which is a bonus! The minute I put these babies on the menu my family gets super excited! My hubby even eats them for breakfast the day after!
I have another recipe on my blog for Crab stuffed mushrooms you might also like if you wanted to mix and match your stuffed mushrooms. 🙂
Here’s What You Need To Make These Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms:
The great news is the ingredients are everyday items! There isn’t anything exotic in them!
You will need the following:
2 lbs Ground Pork Sausage- I used a gluten free breakfast blend.
1 red pepper
A sweet yellow onion
1 red onion
A clove of garlic
1- 8 oz Pkg raw cheddar cheese shredded- you could use regular shredded cheddar too.
1- 8 oz pkg cream cheese- softened.
1/2 cup White Wine or Rose to put in the pan before baking to steam the mushrooms.
2 green onions- chopped to garnish the tops for added color.
Wash and dry the mushrooms. Remove the stems. Chop the stems into small pieces.
In a pan over medium heat, drizzle a little olive or avocado oil and saute the chopped onions, red pepper and the chopped stems of the cleaned mushrooms.
Add the garlic and continue to saute.
If your pan is large enough add the pork sausage and continue to saute. If your pan is not large, remove the veggies and cook the pork sausage separate. Add the veggies back once the pork is cooked.
Stir to combine.
Add the package of cream cheese and stir to combine.
Add the shredded cheddar and stir to combine. Turn the heat off in the pan.
Place the mushroom caps in a baking dish. Scoop the filling into the caps. Continue until all the filling is in the caps.
Pour the wine into the bottom of the pan and cover with foil.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes until the mushrooms are soft but not soggy.
Remove the foil and broil the mushrooms for a few minutes to crisp up the tops.
Now it’s time to serve them! And Eat them! Wahoo!
Pin Now Make Me Later!
Keto Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- 2 lbs Ground Pork Sausage I used a breakfast blend
- 1 Sweet Yellow Onions Chopped
- 1 Red Onion Chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove Chopped
- 2 Green Onions Chopped
- 1 8 oz pkg Cream Cheese softened
- 1 8 oz pkg Raw Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 1 Large Pkg of mushrooms. I mix Bella and white. Try to choose large caps for more stuffing 🙂
- 1 Red Pepper Chopped
- 1/4 cup White or Rose Wine
- Wash and dry mushrooms. Remove stems and set aside.
- In a large pan, saute onions and pepper over medium heat with a little olive oil.
- Add chopped mushroom stems.
- Add Garlic and continue to saute.
- Add ground pork and cook it until it's done. Mix with the cooked veggies.
- Add the cream cheese and stir to combine.
- Add the shredded cheddar and stir to combine.
- Turn off heat when the cheese is melted in.
- Place caps on a baking sheet. Spoon in the filling.
- Pour the wine in the bottom of the pan and cover it with foil.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the foil and turn the oven on to broil. Broil for a few minutes to crisp up the top of the mushrooms.
- Remove and Serve and ENJOY!