This Delicious Smoked Tomatillo Salsa is just waiting for you to dip your chips in it!
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosures and policies here.
I love chips and salsa! It’s true! I like to put it on chips as well as many other foods. I have been known to put it on my eggs, chicken, shrimp and the list goes on.
That is why I wanted to share my Smoked tomatillo salsa recipe with y’all and my bff has been asking me for the recipe ever since she tasted it! 🙂 Thank goodness, as an only child, I am a good sharer of most things! ha ha!
What Do You Need To Make This Delicious Smoked Tomatillo Salsa?
For this awesome smoky salsa, you will need the following ingredients:
3 lbs of tomatillos- remove the husk and give them a bath.
3 Jalapenos- more or less to taste- remove seeds for less heat or leave them for more spice!
8 Cloves of Garlic
3 Serrano Peppers
1 Bunch of Cilantro
2 Yellow Onions
1/4-1/2 Cup of Lime juice
1/4-1/2 Cup of Honey (optional)
You will need a smoker and a blender for equipment.
Here are the ones that I use:
Once all of the veggies (peppers- remove or keep the seeds it’s up to you on how spicy you like it, tomatillos-remove the husk first, onions and garlic) are washed, line baking sheets with parchment paper and place them on it. Drizzle with a little olive oil.
Place them in the smoker for 1-2 hours at 225. If you are like me and you forget it might be closer to 2 hours haha!
After they are good and smokey, bring them inside and work in batches to blend them all up. Add lime juice and salt and stir. You can add the honey too if you like. Put all of the batches in a big bowl and stir.
You can enjoy it hot or cold it’s up to you! Let your favorite chip take a dip and ENJOY!
Pin THIS NOW and make it later!
Here’s The Video:
If You like this recipe you MIGHT LIKE THESE:
Here’s The RECIPE:
Delicious Smoked Tomatillo Salsa
- 3 lbs Tomatillos
- 3 Jalapeno Peppers
- 3 Serrano Peppers
- 8 cloves Garlic
- 1 bunch Cilantro
- 2 Yellow Onions
- 1/4 Cup Lime Juice or more to taste
- 1/4 Cup Honey- optional to taste
- 1 Pinch Salt
- Remove the husk from the tomatillos and wash them.
- Wash all veggies.
- Cut the tomatillos in half.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the Onions in quarters and the peppers in half with or without the seeds depending on how spicy you would like the salsa. I removed all of the seeds from both kinds of peppers.
- Put the tomatillos, peppers, garlic and onions on the baking sheets. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Put them in the smoker for 1-2 hours at 225.
- After they are smoked, bring them inside and use your blender to work in batches and blend them all up. Add the cilantro, lime juice and salt as well to the batches. You can add the honey if you would like now.
- Put all of the batches in a big bowl. Mix them together.
- Taste Test. See if you would lime more lime juice, honey or salt. Add if needed.
- Grab your favorite chips and enjoy!
- I also like it over chicken, eggs or shrimp. The possibilities are endless 🙂
Look Me Up:
You Can find me on Instagram, Facebook, YOUTUBE and Twitter 🙂
Have a great week!