Tequila makes her clothes fall off! One Margarita… Two Margarita… Three Margarita…SHOT! You and Tequila make me crazy… It’s another straight tequila night.. It’s another round with Jose Cuervo!
That’s just a few of the country songs I could think of that involve TEQUILA! I hope you sang them in your head when you read them. HAHA!
How is it made?
It is made from the blue agave plant. It is distilled which makes the delicious alcohol we have today. You can read more here.
Pin Me Now and Make Me Later!
Are You A Fan?
I am a fan! I have plenty of friends who no longer drink it because of one night in college that they had too many shots of José!
Margaritas are delicious as well as sipping on high-quality tequila straight. What is your favorite way to enjoy it?
Here is one of my favorite Margarita recipes:
My Favorite Margarita
- 2 oz Tequila
- 3/4 oz Agave or Honey melted
- 1 oz Lime
- 1 Splash of bubbly water
- Add all ingredients to a shaker and shake to combine.
- Rim a glass in salt or a mixture of salt and Tejin.
- Add ice to the glass.
- Pour cocktail into the glass.
I also like making cocktails with tequila in them. One of my favorites was shared with me by two of my girls! Proseccoritas! So delicious! I love prosecco and margaritas and a proseccorita is like the two drinks had a baby and it’s amazing!
Here is my recipe for Proseccoritas!
- 11/2 oz Organic Agave Margarita Mix
- 11/2 oz Tequila
- Fill the glass with Prosecco
- 1 Lime for garnish
- In a Margarita glass, add margarita mix and tequila. Stir to combine.
- Add ice if you desire.
- Pour prosecco into the glass to fill to the top.
- Garnish with a lime.
Lastly, I have been on a boozy popsicle kick lately! My most recent boozy desert has been watermelon margarita popsicles! They are refreshing with just a hint of that smooth alcohol! I have also dipped them in Tejin to add a little kick!
Here is the recipe for them:
Watermelon Margarita Popsicles
- Popsicle molds
- 5 Cups Watermelon cubes
- 1/4 Cup Tequila
- 2 TBSP Grand Mariner or any orange liquor
- 2 Limes juiced plus the zest
- 3 TBSP Honey- melted
- 1 Pinch Salt
- Add all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- If you don't like your popsicles super pulpy- you can strain them through a strainer
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds.
- Add sticks to the top.
- Remove once frozen solid and you are ready to enjoy!
- Run popsicle mold under warm water for a few seconds to easily release the popsicle.
- Sprinkle salt or Tejin on the popsicle if you desire!
Here is the link to the awesome silicone popsicle molds I used as well as the little individual bags to store the popsicles in once they are frozen!
What are your favorite kinds of Tequila?
My friend Terah introduced me to some delicious higher end tequila and I love it for sipping on. Have you tried Don Julio 1942? It’s a smooth sipping tequila.
For margaritas, I usually just use Costco Tequila! I am a fan of Costco’s labelled alcohol. It’s perfect for margs!
I have also tried some local Arizona higher-end Tequilas. I really like the Señor Rio brand for sipping. There are so many great choices, what is your favorite?
This post may contain affiliate links. Here is my page on disclosures and policies.
Here are some of my favorite things to pair with drinking tequila:
Chips and salsa-
Mangos with or without Tejin.
Cucumbers with salt.
Watermelon with Salt.
Any kind of Mexican food.
I hope you enjoy these Tequila recipes and you have a great #Nationaltequiladay
Best wishes for gluten free dishes!