My daughter requested a recipe for my mediterranean chicken salad so this is for her. 🙂 As a foodie Mom it makes my heart happy that both of my girls like to cook and are pretty darn good at it! It’s super fun to watch what they make and honestly we send each other food pictures… totally nerdy I know! But I love it.
I know most of the world is eating everything pumpkin but it’s still almost 100 degrees in Arizona and it doesn’t feel like fall yet… unless you are up at the crack of dawn and then it’s beautiful outside. Just ask my hubby! lol
I love this Mediterranean chicken salad because it is a fast lunch or dinner and most of the ingredients are staples in my kitchen so that makes it easy.
What Ingredients Do I Need To Make This Mediterranean Chicken Salad?
This is what I love to put in my salad, however if you don’t like anything you can leave it out or substitute it for your favs!
S & P
Roasted Red Peppers
To start off this recipe, you will need to cook the chicken. Put the chicken breasts in a baking dish that you have drizzled with olive oil.
Lay the breasts in the pan.
Drizzle with a little balsamic vinegar.
Sprinkle with greek seasoning and S & P.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes or until they reach an internal temp of 165 degrees F.
While the chicken is cooking, I like to start on the chopping of my salad.
I start with kitchen shears and the arugula, so the pieces aren’t so big. Lay the arugula in the bottom of a bowl. Use kitchen shears to chop it up a little.
Arrange the rest of your chopped ingredients into sections on top of the arugula.
Make a simple dressing in a bowl of EVOO, red wine vinegar, greek seasoning, garlic powder and S & P. Whisk it all together.
Once the chicken is cooked, slice it into pieces and arrange it on your plate. Serve with the salad. You can toss the salad so you get a little bit if each topping…. unless you are like me and just want to eat feta lol.
PIN THIS NOW MAKE IT LATER:
What are some of your favorite summer foods that you carry over into fall and winter? I have a few favorite summery foods that we eat all year. Here are a few you might like too:
Here’s The Printable Recipe:
Mediterranean Chicken Salad
- 3 Chicken Breasts
- 1 drizzle EVOO For the chicken.
- 1 Pinch Salt and Pepper For the chicken.
- 1 TBSP Greek Seasoning for the Chicken. You will need more for the dressing.
- 1/3 Cup EVOO For the dressing.
- 1/3 Cup Balsamic Vinegar For the dressing and a drizzle for the chicken.
- 1 tsp Greek Seasoning For the dressing.
- 1 Pinch Salt and Pepper For the dressing.
- 1 tsp Garlic powder For the dressing.
- 1 Cucumber Chopped
- 1 Tomato Chopped
- 1 Red Onion Chopped- you may need less if it's strong.
- 1/2 Jar Roasted Red Peppers Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Feta
- 2 Handfulls Arugula
- 1 Can Artichoke Hearts
- 1 Cup Kalamata Olives
- To start let's cook the chicken. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Use a baking dish. Pour a drizzle of EVOO in it.
- Put the chicken breasts into the dish.
- Drizzle with Balsamic Vinegar.
- Sprinkle with Greek Seasoning and S & P.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 min or until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- While the chicken is cooking let's make the salad 🙂
- Start with a big bowl. Put the arugula into it and chop it up with kitchen shears.
- Chop the remaining ingredients and add them in sections to the bowl. I like to mix it together right before serving.
- Make the dressing in a small bowl by combining EVOO, red wine vinegar, greek seasoning, garlic powder, and S & P. Whisk it all together. Pour over the salad right before serving it.
- Once the chicken is cooked, slice it into pieces.
- Put the chicken and tossed salad on your plate.
After typing this up I am wishing for this for lunch! But, my chicken is frozen so that won’t be happening! LOL!
Here’s A Video For You To Watch Me Make This Mediterranean Chicken Salad:
Hope you all have a great day!
And as always, Best wishes for gluten free dishes!