Gluten Free Fathead Dough Cinnamon Rolls are a super good stand-in for regular cinnamon rolls! Especially, if you are eating a low carb diet!
Who doesn’t love hot gooey sweet cinnamon rolls right out of the oven! However, if you follow a ketogenic or low carb diet you haven’t had these delicious carby treats in a while! Not to worry! My Fathead dough cinnamon rolls to the rescue! These are delicious and have an amazing consistency! You can’t even tell that the main ingredient is cheese!
I tested this recipe out on my inlaws on Sunday after church. Alas, They couldn’t guess that they were basically eating cheese dough. When pulled apart the dough even looks like the real deal. I was impressed that the swerve sweetener made the cinnamon butter mixture taste just like the one with sugar! My favorite part of cinnamon buns when my Mom would make them was the crusty sugar and cinnamon on the bottom, and I was super happy this recipe had that too!
What is fathead dough?
Fathead dough is dough made from basically cheese, almond flour, and eggs, and it has a lower carb count than traditional dough.
Fathead dough is so versatile, and I am in love with it. Sorry honey- I might be in love with this dough. You can make this basic cream cheese frosting to go on top of them using swerve sweetener to keep the carb count low. Plus it is delicious and I could honestly eat it on its own.
I doubled my Fathead dough recipe because one batch wasn’t going to be enough! Everyone in my family, including my in-laws, loves cinnamon rolls. They are the perfect bunch to recipe test with. However, my FIL asked if I have any other recipe testing to do because he will volunteer to try it. Haha! Love them!
I love the smell of cinnamon buns baking in the oven! I am craving these now while typing this recipe up since I love the smell and the taste so much!
If you like these cinnamon rolls you might also like these recipes:
Fathead Dough Cinnamon Rolls
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella
- 4 TBSP cream cheese
- 1.5 cups Almond flour
- 2 whole Eggs
- 1 cup Divided Swerve sugar about.. you can add more or less depending on how sweet you want them.
- 4 TBSP Cinnamon
- 1 cup butter slightly melted
- Follow the steps in my fathead dough recipe. https://goodnessgraciousglutenfree.com/recipe/fathead-dough/
- After the dough is mixed, lay it on parchment paper and make it flat.
- Mix slightly melted butter and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Spread mixture on top of dough. Reserve some to pour on top of the rolls.
- Sprinkle Swerve sugar onto the cinnamon and butter.
- Roll the dough up into a spiral.
- Cut dough into cinnamon buns and place in a greased baking dish.
- Continue until all of the dough is used.
- Mix sugar into butter and cinnamon. Pour over rolls.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about30-40 minutes.
- Cool for a few minutes and serve with cream cheese frosting.
Best Wishes for Gluten Free Dishes!